Fine I'll wear Red today

Ok I'll join the movement today to wear red in support of education, but let's be crystal clear, I am not happy about it!

Why? Well it is an insult. Why do we need to raise awareness of school teachers? The reason you are what you are is because...gasp...you went to school! You had teacher who....wait for it....had a ton of education and knows more than you!

If you say to me, well we need to start thinking outside the box when it comes to education. My response to you would be, I agree and I hear you loud and clear. BUT you still need someone who knows how to put the box together. Why in the world would I want someone in charge of education, who doesn't know education?

I ask you this:

  • Would you go to a Doctor who only has an AA in Liberal Studies?
  • Would you go to a Speech Therapist who has a degree in Journalism?
  • Would you commission a piece of art from someone who has never pick up a paintbrush? 
  • Would you take your child in for surgery and keep your fingers crossed that they have done this before? 
I didn't think so, we expect our professionals to have the education and experience to be our leaders. Educators, teachers and educational administrators are the ultimate leaders. They taught you how to put your box together because, well....they are educated to know it all!

I'll leave you with this. I have a BS in Education, 20 year of experience working with children, and am wrapping up my M.Ed in Education this year. I have more experience and education than Ms. DeVos. #heshouldhavepickedme

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting a lifestyle

Why YES it took me 2 days to do this

2016 what can I say?