Falling Down and Getting Up!


When my children were learning to ride bikes my husband used to say to them, “you have to fall down at least 100 times before you really learn to ride.” I am learning quickly the same goes for Photoshop. I fell down many times with the Photoshop program.  So much that getting up and shaking it off almost became me throwing my computer out the window!

My biggest issue was text/type, which from what I understand is an art of it’s own. I accidentally rasterized my text (made it into a picture) so had to start over which was challenging as I didn’t realize the mistake for some time. It took me texting a graphic artist friend for an hour then just taking my laptop to school drop off so she could actually show me what to do to fix the issue. 

Although frustrating at times, once I got going I started to enjoy putting the puzzle together. I also enjoyed creating my own image with the tools I had learned about in the lesson as well as a few I figured out by watching tutorials and reading the texts. As a whole the project was empowering and I look forward to using Photoshop with my patients. 

Here is the project that we had to make following the professors directions using her images. We had to cut out 2 foreground pics and put on the backdrop. Then one had to have a gradient. The text needed to be something children/ parenting related. This is a saying that is used in the ED. 


Then we had to take some of our own original pics and try to practice what we learned. I wanted to have fun with it and used pics of my kids doing what they do best...playing make believe and having fun. The foreground pic of my youngest was taken at our beach in Pacifica. The mermaid was of my eldest standing behind a cardboard cutout in Pacific Grove and then the background was in Carmel.


This week I also had to make my first basic webpage. We needed to submit 2 ideas for our final website. I put 2 down, but plan on creating a website preparing children to come to the Emergency Room. It's super basic right now, but I really enjoy coding and think this would be such a cool thing to teach kids at the hospital! So don't judge on the most basic website ever, the coding is no joke : ) Here is the site and here is a screen shot of the coding. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting a lifestyle

Why YES it took me 2 days to do this

One more class!!!