The day America broke up with me

Dear Mr. Trump,

On the morning after the election I posted this conversation with my daughters on Facebook.

Me: I'm sad to say that Trump won.
older child: oh no. What does that mean?
Me: it means we respect the office. But we don't forget that we are beautiful, strong, independent women who will make the world a better place by loving our friends, remembering that a family comes in all different shapes and sizes and that love is love. Bigotry and hatred have no place in this family.
younger child: it's ok when I'm president I'll fix it. 

God love their sweet young souls!

What I didn't mention was that my youngest then asked, "Mommy can I still marry S__? He's brown you know" It was at that moment I knew that America had just broken up with me and my heart shattered.

You said in your speech to those of us who didn't support you, "I'm reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country"

Alrighty then, let's get started.
  • STOP the hate: Social media is being rocked by claims of hate crimes. It hasn't been 48 hours. If you don't believe me check out DAY 1.  I understand that liberals are protesting and acting out as well, I'm not naive to that, I'm sure you have seen a few Trump protests. You are the future leader of the free world. Talk to them, work it out. That is your job now. 
  • TRUST that women know what to do with their bodies and EDUCATE yourself, so that you truly understand what being pro-choice/pro-life means. Being pro-choice does NOT make one an advocate of murder. 
  • HONOR our experts and scholars. Speak to scientists about global warming and wrap your head around the truth. Speak with physicians about medical science and discovery. They know what they are talking about. 
  • RESPECT that an adult can make a decision on who they choose to marry. Good heavens you have been able to choose 3 times. Just because you are straight doesn't mean that you can make a better decision on that subject. I repeat...3 times.
  • HUMBLE yourself to the people who picked you. They are hardworking, middle class American's who believed in you and listened to you. Don't let them down. 

Mr. Trump, that is just the start of my list for you. I hope to KEEP America great and will give you guidance when I think you have stepped out of turn, because you told me too.

I understand my tagline "The Day America Broke Up With Me" is dramatic, but that's what it feels like. My heart is broken and I feel like I just got dumped when I wasn't ready to give up the relationship. I hope tonight you will pray for the millions of hardworking American Immigrants, the LGBTQ community, the women of America, and the millions of people who want to be treated with equality no matter the color of their skin because we are afraid when we should feel protected.

I respectfully ask that you work your heart out to prove me wrong. Show me that you will be a leader to this country and that you want me back in this relationship.

If you do the work, I'll do the work.

Peace,

Kristen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting a lifestyle

Why YES it took me 2 days to do this

2016 what can I say?